- It’s strange to think that a postponed season could helps some players, but that’s the thought exercise Christian Caple did in his piece for The Athletic today. The list is mostly populated by young players in position battles or those returning from injury.
- When ESPN evaluates UW based on numbers instead of pure emotion, the Huskies do pretty well. UW cracks the top 15 in the pre-season SP+ rankings, even if they won’t have a chance to prove it on the field any time soon.
- Pro Football Focus released its ranking of the NFL’s top linebackers. One former Husky made it into the top 10, another the top 20, and a Seahawk tops the list.
- Kelsey Plum’s WNBA career might not have gone the way she wanted, but she has found a role on the Arkansas coaching staff with former UW women’s coach Mike Neighbors.
- Elsewhere on the women’s hardwood, the Dawgs made some changes to their coaching staff.
- Coach B continues his excellent 2022 recruiting breakdown with a look at in-state OL Malik Agbo. There’s lots in the trenches in 2022, and it’s great to have someone who can crack the code of OL ability.
— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) August 31, 2020
Start your week off right with a social roundup from everything Washington Athletics last week ⤵️#GoHuskies