- Week one of the NFL kicked off yesterday and former Husky Ezekiel Turner had a key blocked punt that quickly led to points for the Arizona Cardinals. One thing to note on Turner’s blocked punt is that fellow former Husky Darrell Daniels was also in on the play:
How it all began.#RedSea x @zeke_turner— Arizona Cardinals (@AZCardinals) September 13, 2020
#AZvsSF on FOX pic.twitter.com/Lm9HMOTl4h
- The great Myles Gaskin also had a strong week one performance for the Miami Dolphins. NFL fans and media are really starting to see Gaskin’s potential:
Miami RB ~ Myles Gaskin— Marvin Elequin (@FF_MarvinE) September 13, 2020
He could still be available in deeper dynasty leagues, and finished with:
9 RuAtt - 40 RuYds
4 Targets - 4 Rec - 26 RecYds
40.9% of RB carries
66.6% of RB targets
Led all Miami RBs with 39 snaps pic.twitter.com/GQyU74uiU4
MY TAKE: Myles Gaskin carves out a role for himself in #Dolphins' crowded backfield https://t.co/J9wlzZazet— Omar Kelly (@OmarKelly) September 14, 2020
- Dawgman’s Chris Fetters has the complete list of pro Dawgs and their week one stats.
- Big Ten decision makers met over the weekend to analyze the possibility of their league beginning play as soon as October. Could the Pac-12 follow suit?
- And on that note:
RTing this in wake of Big Ten developments:— Jon Wilner (@wilnerhotline) September 13, 2020
Huge difference btwn B10 and Pac-12 timelines: The former doesn't have state restrictions to deal with; the latter has six teams on lockdown:https://t.co/MVexGr4Xa1
The #Pac12 testing plan isn't the same as that used by the NFL teams in California.— Jon Wilner (@wilnerhotline) September 14, 2020
2020:— Jon Wilner (@wilnerhotline) September 12, 2020
Even if the Pac-12 hadn't shut down football for the first time in history due to a once-in-a-century global pandemic, Oregon-Ohio State would not be played today because of hazardous air quality resulting from the worst wildfires on record.
- From Husky Maven, a local 2023 DB recruit (and Husky legacy) hopes to get an offer from Washington.
- Finally, as always, make sure to stay up to date on recruiting with Aaron’s most recent Recruiting Roundup.