A reminder to check out every edition of our Roster Recap series getting you ready for (we hope) the start of fall camp soon. Yesterday focused on the Inside Linebackers but you can scroll down the home page to read all of them.
- Christian Caple of The Athletic has a Husky mailbag for you answering questions about the next time a Pac-12 team wins a national title, whether 3 years of college is still necessary before a jump to the NFL and more.
- Get a look of the first photos of Dawgs on the field in official capacity since last December! Monday was the first day teams were allowed to hold up to 20 hours of mandatory on-field workouts until fall camp is allowed to start in 2 weeks pending local public health regulations.
- It looks like every inside linebacker on the roster took place and is officially on campus working out
- Jimmy Lake threw out the first pitch in a win by the Seattle Mariners last night (although it was a virtual first pitch and check out those kicks! Gimme.)
- It came out just after Dots was released yesterday but the Pac-12 already has plans in place to secure nearly $1 billion in loans to keep athletic departments afloat in case the season is cancelled due to the pandemic.
- Speaking of COVID-19, the University of Washington released updated results on the testing of student-athletes
UW has tested 247 athletes and has two active COVID-19 cases, including one new case this week. There have been nine positive cases since testing began in June. pic.twitter.com/KQO6BLruQO— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) August 5, 2020
- For some reason public health is the one announcing the results of UCLA players, not the school and 8 football players have tested positive although it sounds like those may not be new cases, just the first the public has heard about it.
For those of you who are true blue (purple) Seattleites and have missed the rain over the past month, go enjoy it today. And Go Dawgs!