Happy-ish Tuesday! As a reminder, you can follow us on Twitter at Twitter.com/UWonSBN. Also worth following is Max or Rob for a healthy dose of Washington shports, Aaron for crooting, Coach B for some of that plus breakdowns and evaluations, and Andrew for a dog in a luchador mask. I also exist, but the amount of football content there is mostly drowned out by a hefty dose of the dumbest things ever.
To the dots!
Private jets on you next time @buddabaker32 ! Congrats and well deserved!— ♛Chandler Jones (@chanjones55) August 25, 2020
- Taylor Barton’s NW 9 has been revived — a PNW-specific quarterback competition similar to the national Elite 11 — and the invites have been sent out to ~50 Washington, Oregon, and Idaho quarterbacks. Among them is Sam Huard, two of Jacob Sirmon’s little brothers, class of 2023 top 100 prospect Gabarri Johnson from Tacoma, JP Zamora, who has offers from Utah and Nevada and is the top in-state QB for 2022, and Huard’s incoming freshman backup at Kennedy, Cole Welliver, who has offers from Wazzu, ASU, and Colorado.
- Mike Vorel on how the other conferences could use the Pac-12 and B1G’s decision to *checks notes* put student athlete safety first to negatively recruit, and the potential ramifications thereof.
- Dawgman talks to a couple in-state Husky targets about their offseason workouts and some light info on their recruitment.
- The Athletic has a Husky in Dane Brugler’s top 50 prospects for the next draft, and it’s one who I very much hope doesn’t leave before the next season.
Guess I’m taking up running:
If we actually have a college football season that lasts longer than two weeks, somebody is gonna have to like, run the single wing or wildcat all because all of their QBs are in quarantine.https://t.co/KZdS8NqOF3— Matt Brown (@MattBrownEP) August 25, 2020
Some ProDawg updates:
Rookies showing up ⬇️— Phil Perry (@PhilAPerry) August 24, 2020
* Devin Asiasi and Dalton Keene each had four grabs in competitive periods
* Myles Bryant picked off Cam Newton
* Josh Uche got into the backfield on a couple of occasions, once to snuff out a Newton run
* Scoota Harris forced a Gunner Olszewski fumble
Rams scrimmage ends with DT Greg Gaines getting a "sack." He picks up the ball off the turf and takes it to the house, where he jumps to dunk it between the uprights but then remembers he weighs 312 pounds and settles for a layup.— Greg Beacham (@gregbeacham) August 23, 2020
Kevin King vs Davante Adams Two: Electric Boogaloo. First round goes to King.— Aaron Nagler (@AaronNagler) August 23, 2020
John Ross doing well in WR/DB drills. Beat Darius Phillips and then Winston Rose. In the latter, he did well to catch a deep ball from Joe Burrow that hung in the air a bit too long.— Ben Baby (@Ben_Baby) August 24, 2020
Jacob Eason just threw what might be his best pass of this camp. A back shoulder pass to Dezmon Patmon, which Patmon pulled in despite blanket coverage from Tremon Smith. #Colts— Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen) August 24, 2020
Jacob Eason 5-of-9 today, Chad Kelly 1-of-4. Eason's arm strength was really evident in the last set there. Threw almost as many passes in 11-on-11 today as he did all of last week.— Joel A. Erickson (@JoelAErickson) August 24, 2020
Highlight play: DeVante Parker, on a fade route, leaped over Byron Jones to secure impressive TD from Ryan Fitzpatrick during goal line drills.— Josh Tolentino (@JCTSports) August 25, 2020
Tua also had TD completion to Myles Gaskin on a play action rollout. Tua had a couple misthrows, but overall has looked great this week
Do good things, don’t do bad things, and bow down to Washington.