- Mike Vorel at the Seattle Times has a Huskies Football mailbag addressing topics like the concern of players leaving due to transfer, opting out, or the draft.
- Speaking of which, USC DT Jay Tufele became the first Pac-12 player to give up on any chance of participating in a spring football season and leaving early for the draft. He won’t be the last.
- Washington commit Caden Jumper is still undecided about whether he will still plan to graduate early and enroll at UW in January or stay to play his senior year of high school.
PFF's Preseason All-American Defensive Line pic.twitter.com/JbyqcDI3My— PFF College (@PFF_College) August 19, 2020
- Welcome to college football where the schedule is made up and the eligibility doesn’t matter. Kevin Thomson will be the starting QB at Washington long after we’re dead.
NCAA Division I Council votes to allow fall sport student-athletes to compete in any amount of competitions this year & it will not count as a year of eligibility, sources told @Stadium. 1st reported by Yahoo. Still needs final approval Friday from NCAA Board of Governors— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) August 19, 2020
- Some information about potential workout schedules for the Huskies and rest of the teams who postponed a fall season.
News: Details on new fall practice model for teams planning a spring season.— Ross Dellenger (@RossDellenger) August 19, 2020
They get 5 hrs a week of on-field work - helmets but no contact - and 7 hrs for S&C/meetings.
Will start Monday & run thru Oct 5, pending DI Council's (expected) approval todayhttps://t.co/QzJlWB4LS1
- Jonathan Givony at ESPN who is considered by most to be the most tied-in NBA draft expert has Jaden McDaniels going 25th OKC and Isaiah Stewart going 27th to the Knicks in his latest mock draft. The draft lottery is tonight.
- You can watch Terrence Ross and Markelle Fultz try to give the Magic a 2-0 series lead over the Milwaukee Bucks and presumptive back-to-back MVP Giannis Antetokoumpo at 3p PT today on ESPN.
- Both of the transfers out of UW have already received waivers showing that Mike Hopkins has been cooperating. No word yet on either of the incoming Husky transfer duo...
Source: Portland State's Elijah Hardy has received a waiver from the NCAA and is fully eligible for the 20-21 college basketball season.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) August 18, 2020
Transfer from Washington.
Source: LSU's Bryan Penn-Johnson has received a waiver from the NCAA and is eligible for the 20-21 season.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) August 19, 2020
Transfer from Washington.