- The Seattle Times breaks down some of the prerequisites for a spring football season. One key takeaway is that progress in Covid testing is a must.
- The Times also has a great piece on Will Dissly working his way back from an Achilles injury and opens up about the associated mental health challenges he has faced. Dissly’s career so far reads like a Hollywood script, so here’s hoping he bounces back to even greater heights.
- Christian Caple piles on with his own list of the things he will miss most about no Husky football this fall. I realized this week that the back of my beer fridge is filling up with leftovers from variety packs that I didn’t like and I won’t have tailgate friends to “share” them with.
- UW made the top six for electric TE prospect Chance Bogan. Coach B posted one of his can’t miss deep dives into Brogan.
Keep them on their toes....⏳ #GoUtes #GoDawgs #ForksUp #GoBuffs #WolfPack #GoVols pic.twitter.com/1baf4kaaUY— Chance Bogan (@ChanceBogan) August 19, 2020
- The Mercury News out of San Jose looks into Cal’s deteriorated relationship with Under Armor. One of the highlights is UA’s claim that a third party seller’s $500 transaction should invalidate their $58,000,000 contract.
- Dawgman examines Kevin King’s status with the Green Bay Packers heading into a season that could secure him a big payday.
- Husky basketball fans who want to jump in on the NBA Playoffs can start with the underdog Orlando Magic. Markelle Fultz and Terrence Ross were both instrumental in their Game 1 upset of top-seeded Milwaukee.
Introducing the initial Top 100 for the class of 2023 @chris_fetters @kimgrinolds @dawgman247 @jackmccauley_ @georgexjohnson_— Scott Eklund (@ScottEklund) August 19, 2020
https://t.co/E2BP3tGBYw via @247sports
“It's a great opportunity to get thrown in the fire. That is how you learn the best. This whole process is not new. I know how to handle these situations." – @BRICKHARRIS56 #BowDown x #ProDawgs https://t.co/yKhMZv0cAL— Washington Football (@UW_Football) August 18, 2020