- From Husky Maven, the college football season is teetering on the brink.
Big Ten cancels 2020 football season, per @chrissolari of the Detroit Free Press.— PFF College (@PFF_College) August 10, 2020
The presidents voted, 12-2, to end the fall sports in the conference. Only Nebraska and Iowa voted to play. pic.twitter.com/lTF63JaWw7
UW's football program has canceled its workouts today, per source.— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) August 10, 2020
Source: #Pac12 presidents have not made final decision to cancel. And they won't until tomorrow at the earliest.— Jon Wilner (@wilnerhotline) August 10, 2020
Pac-12 Conference looks poised to shut down the fall college football season. My column on the next pivot point for the conference... and why it should not include commissioner Larry Scott: https://t.co/oUQHHCRy9U— John Canzano (@johncanzanobft) August 10, 2020
- From the Seattle Times, some college football players are still pushing to play.
- From Dawgman, the We Are United and We Want to Play movements have released a joint statement.
- Also from the Times, Mike Vorel provides his Q&A notes from Jen Cohen’s Friday press conference.
- Because today is Monday, that means Aaron posted his Recruiting Roundup yesterday.
- Speaking of recruiting, for those of you following the Brock Bowers saga... I have some bad news for you:
- UCLA head coach Chip Kelly tested positive for COVID-19... in March.
- Another story from the great Dan Raley, Washington’s Lolohea is now a man on a new mission.