- Washington’s football recruiting has been a mixed bag so far this summer, but Mike Vorel takes a look at what the ideal finish would look like. None of the names seem terribly unrealistic, but it would take a stroke of luck to get all the dominoes to fall just right.
- Speaking of recruiting, the Huskies have lots of tape on players in this year’s class, but next year will get even more complicated if there isn’t a normal football season. The WIAA announced that it is pushing back the start of fall sports. If that delay turns into a cancellation, it will make the 2022 recruiting season a nightmare.
- It’s not only high schools asking scheduling questions. The Power 5 commissioners are monitoring the Covid progress (or lack thereof) and will decide in late July if schedule changes or delays will be necessary.
- Former Husky coach Steve Sarkisian had heart surgery following his annual physical. It sounds like Bama’s OC is recovering well.
- Dawgman has an interview with O’Dea OL and Husky target Owen Prentice, who trimmed his list to three schools. Most believe that Washington and Stanford lead the way for Prentice with LSU still in the mix.
- It’s not the NBA, but The Basketball Tournament is up and running. Former Husky Justin Dentmon has been one of the stars of the tournament so far.
College Edumacated!! #uwgrad20 pic.twitter.com/nkIo7tllSA— Sean McGrew (@smcgrew11) July 8, 2020