Happy (or otherwise, who knows) Tuesday! As a reminder, you can follow us at Twitter here, or myself (for dumb stuff) and Andrew (a dog in a luchador mask), Max and Rob (football and other stuff), or Aaron (recruiting shenanigans).
To the dots!
- Christian Caple continues his countdown of Washington’s most important players at #4 with a certain defensive specimen. (In case you missed it, he talks Cade Otton at #4 a few days ago.)
- Pro Football Focus has their top 50 prospects for next year’s draft and include a Husky.
- And 247Sports has their top 50 college players which includes a different Husky.
- Not sports related, but here’s some awesome work by a UW alum.
- All FBS schools have been cleared to begin football games one week early (AKA week 0) in order to give more scheduling flexibility.
Tackles for loss or no gain among DBs last season (power 5):— PFF College (@PFF_College) July 28, 2020
➤ Malcolm Rodriguez - 15
➤ Antoine Brooks Jr. - 14
➤ Elijah Molden - 12 pic.twitter.com/SQ0TGeC9qj
New offer out to ‘22 quarterback out of Texas high school powerhouse, Westlake:
Blessed to receive an offer from The University Of Washington!! pic.twitter.com/zyeXEVVz4m— Cade Klubnik (@CadeKlubnikQB) July 27, 2020
In the words of Cher Horowitz, “As if!” (and in the words of moi, “yeah, that’ll work out for ya”):
Per an Ohio State release this afternoon, "the Ohio Stadium crowd size will likely amount to no more than 20 percent of overall stadium capacity." Students will also have access to tickets if there are fans.— Ari Wasserman (@AriWasserman) July 28, 2020
“Who’d throw enough screen passes to annoy their fanbase? Certainly not I!” ~Bush Hamdan, probably
Most screen passes thrown in college football last season:— PFF College (@PFF_College) July 28, 2020
1. Anthony Gordon, WSU - 102
2. Bo Nix, Auburn - 100
3. Justin Herbert, Oregon - 98 pic.twitter.com/w5ZgU08ODj
And I realize he’s the coach of our enemy, but Satan himself could offer me the opportunity for Girl Scout cookies in July and I’d take it:
Listen, I realize we're rivals but... how much for every single box of Samoas? https://t.co/xpbsuhRWD4— UW Dawg Pound (@UWonSBN) July 28, 2020
Plus it’s for two good causes — your stomach and the Girl Scouts — and we always agree to do good things, not do bad things, and bow down to Washington.