- The Athletic compiled a list of the 25 most dominant college football programs of the past 50 years and Washington is on the list.
- Christian Caple took a look back at the Washington 1988 recruiting class featuring Steve Emtman which served as one of the backbones for UW’s 1991 national title team.
- Husky running back target Caleb Berry is set to announce his college commitment in a few hours and Washington has had several crystal ball picks put in for them (note that it’s 10a Pacific in the tweet below since Caleb is from Texas).
Commitment video @12pm tomorrow!!!— Cbezzy (@Caleb28berry) July 1, 2020
- Meanwhile Kennedy Catholic 4-star wide receiver Jabez Tinae is set to announce this Sunday and Washington who has his QB Sam Huard already committed appears to be in a good spot as well.
Excited to announce my commitment this Sunday, July 5th, 2020. Tune in at 6pm PST!!! @BrandonHuffman @TFordFSP @CoachCross2 @SWiltfong247 @RFordFSP @RyanClaryFSP— Jabez Tinae '2021 (@JabezTinae13) July 2, 2020
- 2021 DB recruit Zakhari Spears is already committed but was still impressed by his virtual visit with the coaching staff.
@zakhari_spears took @lgsgirl3 and his grandparents on a virtual tour of @uw_football today...can he commit again??!!! “Plan A: education, Plan B: The NFL #GODAWGS #WOOF pic.twitter.com/8QUmzTV7wV— B Spears Jr (@bspearsjr) July 1, 2020
- UW Athletics updated their numbers that out of 140 players returning to campus that 3 have tested positive for COVID-19. That total is up 1 from the first wave of students joining.
- That stands in contrast to the UW Greek system which has had at least 80 positive tests in recent days as shockingly college fraternities were not following public health guidelines to the letter.
- Meanwhile USC has announced that their fall semester will be held primarily online which suggests it will be extremely unlikely any of their sports teams will be competing.
- Ex-Husky Milo Eifler has shown that the first few years of his Washington education paid off as he impressed the media covering Illinois football.
#Illini LB Milo Eifler has spent an hour talking to reporters about his very valid concerns of playing football during a pandemic & about balancing his passion against health.— Shannon Ryan (@sryantribune) July 1, 2020
Topics Illinois should feel proud its athletes are thinking about and raising concerns about.
- It appears Abdul Gaddy is headed to Greece rather than getting picked up by a team to play in the NBA bubble.
Congrats @Gaddy253_ on signing to Greek and @BasketballCL club @peristeribc #WWSM pic.twitter.com/IBKY1SSYkj— Alvin Snow Jr (@Alvin_SnowJr) July 1, 2020
- Dominic Green has hinted that he’ll be playing in Slovakia.
Slovakia Get that 30 for 30 ready these chapters will define the book being written. ‼️— Dominic Green (@DGreenGiant) June 30, 2020