- 3 Huskies were named to Phil Steele’s preseason All-American teams: Joe Tryon 1st team, Levi Onwuzurike 2nd team, and Elijah Molden 3rd team.
- Richard Newton was included on the Doak Walker watch list for the best running back in the country after a freshman season in which he scored 11 total TDs.
- Husky CB Elijah Molden was named a nominee for the Campbell Trophy which is given annually to the player with the best combination of academics, community service, and on-field performance.
- Christian Caple at The Athletic is counting down the 10 most important Huskies for the 2020 season (if it happens) and at #9 is CB Keith Taylor.
- Andy Staple’s mailbag asks about programs developing talent and he gives a shoutout to Washington and Jimmy Lake.
- 247 Sports updated their rankings for the class of 2022 and there are now 5 prospects from the state of Washington in their top 247 including the younger brother of a current Husky.
Washington says it has tested 187 student-athletes for coronavirus and has currently two active positive tests.— Tim Booth (@ByTimBooth) July 15, 2020
One is new this week; one is among the previously reported three positive tests.
The new positive is from an athlete that had not started workouts at the school
Points Allowed at Home in the PAC-12 Era (2011-2019):— WestCoastCFB (@WestCoastCFB) July 15, 2020
1. Washington - 1132
2. Utah - 1158
3. Stanford - 1190
4. USC - 1328
5. WSU - 1528
6. Colorado - 1565
6. Oregon - 1565
8. UCLA - 1569
9. ASU - 1604
10. Cal - 1690
11. Arizona - 1712
12. OSU - 1729
- Former Husky Amber Melgoza has signed a contract to play professional ball in Italy.