- While Husky-specific is light today, The Athletic has some great pieces on the looming decisions facing college football. First, Andy Staples outlines what needs to happen to salvage something from the 2020 season. There are so many good nuggets in the Staples piece that I wanted to block quote about half of it here, but just read it for yourself (even if that requires signing up for a well-worth-it Athletic subscription.
- Along similar lines, Bruce Feldman interviewed numerous coaches to discuss the implications of schedule changes. What happens to player eligibility? Spring practice? Next season’s schedule?
- A bit closer to home, Dawgman has a free post from Brandon Huffman listing 10 NW/NorCal players worth seeing this fall. Of course, we don’t know what HS football will look like, but these are players with something to prove if they’re able to play.
- Behind the 247 pay wall, Tom Loy interviews Husky target Chance Tucker about his upcoming decision. Tucker recently took personal campus visits to both Notre Dame and UW. Could he be the latest in the long, proud line of DBs to spurn the Irish for the Dawgs?
- SI’s Husky Maven took a swing at the Pac-12 schedule, with Kaila Olin outlining a schedule based on home-and-home match-ups with local rivals.
- ESPN might not have the West Coast presence of other online recruiting sites, but their work is still worth monitoring. Today, they released their initial ESPN 300 for 2022. Washington state doesn’t place anyone in the top 100, but there’s plenty of depth, especially along the offensive line.
.@Coach_Hopkins joins #Pac12Hoops head coaches and a contingent of colleagues across the country in establishing the Minority Leadership Initiative.#TougherTogether x #MLI— Washington Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) July 13, 2020
The Greatest Setting in College Football ... oh and those Yeezys ! #BowDownToWashington pic.twitter.com/63g5ZrTlVk— Jimmy Lake (@CoachLakeUDUB) July 13, 2020
Husky playmakers. @e_mold3n and @LeviOnw have been named to the Bednarik Award watch list.— Washington Football (@UW_Football) July 13, 2020
» https://t.co/Al7r6bF399#PurpleReign x #BowDown pic.twitter.com/l59Vqt6VLt
The best receiver in college football that's receving little to no hype...— TM (@CFBLive247) July 10, 2020
Nacua is set to explode this upcoming season for the Washington Huskies.
Sirmon/Nacua could be one of the best QB/WR duo's this fall.. pic.twitter.com/fOUmaF7EGK