- The UW coaching staff has long prioritized in-person visits as a central recruiting tenet. They have not been able to host visits for months, and that prohibition could extend through the season. Mike Vorel looks at the potential impact of the lack of in-person visits.
- Across the state, WSU’s athletic department could be in dire straits. The department forecasts a nine (NINE!) figure budget deficit for 2021 and 2022.
- In case you missed it on Monday, check out our recap of UW’s newest recruiting commitment. Siaosi Finau, a less-heralded defensive lineman from Renton, jumped in the boat. He could be a diamond in the rough.
- Christian Caple took a very deep dive into Jake Browning’s Husky career. He interviewed the star QB about every teammate who caught a TD pass from him during his time on Montlake.
- If you like beer and you’re in the mood to be outraged, this ranking of college towns by their beer options did not include Seattle (even though fellow metropolises Austin and San Diego made the cut).
- 247 ranked the top-10 players by conference. The Huskies had one player on the list, though you have to question the rankings when they put the players in the wrong position.
It was an outstanding quarter in the (virtual) classroom for Husky student-athletes at the @UW as all 22 teams earned a 3.0 or higher team GPA.#GoHuskies— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) June 30, 2020
We had to battle some adversity but....finished with a Team GPA Record! Excellence on and off the field! Great work Fellas! #NoExcusesNoExplanations #BowDownToWashington pic.twitter.com/Q2FbdEgB8b— Jimmy Lake (@CoachLakeUDUB) July 1, 2020
" " ☔️#PurpleReign x #BowDown pic.twitter.com/EJdcBWEqYU— Washington Football (@UW_Football) June 30, 2020