- As Seattle continues to struggle through an incredibly difficult year, UW AD Jen Cohen offered a message of support. She sent the video message to all UW athletes and coaches on Wednesday.
- Across the state, WSU AD Pat Chun and new football coach Nick Rolovich also weighed in on the death of George Floyd and the unrest that has followed. Rolovich’s message was perhaps a bit more measured and considerate than his predecessor’s may have been.
- Christian Caple digs into the contracts and salaries of the coaching staff. With the highly-paid head coach out of the picture and the top-paid coordinator taking over, it’s no surprise that the total bill for the coaching staff will be lower this year than last.
- If you’re just feeling too good today and need something to bring you down, Dan Raley at Husky Maven ranks the worst injuries in UW football history.
- Dawgman has a roundtable discussion on proposed changes to the college football recruiting calendar.
- USC fended off the likes of Alabama and LSU to keep a top-50 QB recruit at home. At least it will mean more when the Husky beat the Trojans over the next few years.
- UW is partnering with Bloodworks NW for pop-up blood donations. If you are able, there are more details available here.
Compassionate, Empathetic, Caring, Respectful, Loving... Choose Positivity, Togetherness, Honest Communication over the alternatives. We are all in this together! pic.twitter.com/rYbdPdzfWH— Jimmy Lake (@CoachLakeUDUB) June 1, 2020