- As most observers expected, Jaden McDaniels declared for the NBA Draft. McDaniels created some speculation last month when he denied rumors that he had already declared for the draft, but he ultimately went that way after taking his time.
- The Covid-created sports vacuum has led to some interesting content. My favorite deep dive this week was from Christian Caple at The Athletic, who looked way back at the career of Husky football coach Gil Dobie.
- As we wait for this year’s recruiting class to gather momentum, Chris Eklund at Dawgman looks at the biggest success stories in Chris Petersen’s tenure as a recruiter.
- It’s barely Husky related, but I would still recommend Larry Stone’s discussion with Ryan Gustafson, GM of the late Seattle Dragons. The piece in the Seattle Times is an interesting profile of Gustafson, but also serves as a post mortem for the star-crossed XFL.
- Dan Raley at Husky Maven takes a close look at Cam Williams as he prepares to take a bigger role in the UW defense this fall.
It appears former Eastside Catholic 4-star DB Ayden Hector won’t attend Stanford after all. Was a UW target at one point as well. https://t.co/XZ0nLlLvAB— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) April 15, 2020
I asked Mel Kiper Jr. this morning about former UW QB Jacob Eason's draft projection. Here's what he said. pic.twitter.com/JHdyIvthZ9— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) April 15, 2020
(Note that Pullman appears to be cut off from the map that WSU posted. Reminder not to go to WSU to study Geography, or most other things.)