Pandemics, Primaries, and Plunging stocks might dominate other news outlets, but we have the stories that really matter...
- The #2 Huskies softball team went 5-0 at the Mary Nutter Collegiate Classic. With Sis Bates injured and Gabbie Plain performing like a mere human, the rest of the Dawgs have stepped up. Our own Ed Strong has an in-depth review of the best sport going at UW right now.
- The NFL combine features all kinds of player previews and live video of workouts. Today features QBs, TEs, and WRs.
- For more combine, we have a preview and open thread right here.
- The great Bob Condotta profiles Salvon Ahmed, explaining that Ahmed’s goal was always to play well enough to go pro after three years.
Position requests made by teams (player has to accept):— NFL Unwrapped (@NFLunwrapped) February 26, 2020
TE ➡️ RB
WR ➡️ TE
WR ➡️ RB
RB ➡️ WR
(via @NFLDraft) pic.twitter.com/Q35oEFe7MM
Top performers in yesterday's Bench Press (WR, TEs) #NFLCombine:— Black and Gold Nation (@B_GNation1) February 27, 2020
1. Josiah Deguara #Cincinnati - 25 reps
2. Hunter Bryant #Washington - 23 reps
3. Jared Pinkney #Vanderbilt - 23 reps
4. Quintez Cephus #Wisconsin - 23 reps
5. Antonio Gandy-Golden #Liberty - 22 reps
- Mike Hopkins did his weekly media availability. For the first time in over a month, he got to talk about a win.
- Riding a five game winning streak, the Husky baseball team finally plays its home opener in a series against UC-Irvine this weekend.