- Let’s change things up and start on the mats. UW Gymnast Evanni Robinson made history with the program’s first perfect 10 score on beam. She also took home individual honors on bars, floor and all-around. The performance earned her Pac-12 Gymnast of the Week honors. UW beat Arizona for their fourth straight win in conference.
- Natsuho Arakawa from the women’s tennis team also had a banner week. She went 4-0 with wins over two nationally-ranked opponents. Her accomplishments helped her earn Pac-12 and ITA D1 Women’s Player of the Week honors.
- The awards just don’t stop coming. Kelley Lynch from the softball team won Pac-12 Freshman of the Week due in part to her contributions int he comeback win over #19 Texas Tech on Sunday.
- Back on the gridiron, the NCAA is considering more tweaks to transfer rules. Under one proposal, players would be able to play immediately after transferring one time in their collegiate careers.
- Husky baseball took on a bunch of Dirtbags on the road last night (they won, 4-1). Their words, not mine.
Olivia Gruver won at the USATF Indoor Championships last weekend after clearing an indoor personal best of 15-5, earning USTFCCCA National Athlete of the Week honors once again.#GoHuskies— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) February 19, 2020