Some folks trust to reason, others trust to might
I don’t trust to nothing, but I know Dots come out right
- Some news items have a tendency to render all other news obsolete, so let’s start with today’s unfortunate bombshell.
#Washington football has paused all team-related football activities due to an increase in positive COVID-19 tests within the program. UDub won’t practice today...This weekend’s game vs Oregon is TBD.— Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) December 9, 2020
- For more coverage of the shutdown, check out Max’s take and some more information here. The Seattle Times also has its own coverage of the Paws Pause.
- If the cancellation of UW’s two biggest rivalry games this year doesn’t have you depressed enough, let’s talk recruiting. Local five-star receiver and top UW target Emeka Egbuka announced that he will commit on Friday. The conventional wisdom was that the longer Egbuka waited to commit after last weekend’s trip to Oklahoma, the better sign it would be for the Huskies. Dawgman has his glowing comments on the trip to beautiful, cosmopolitan Norman.
Commitment dropping on Dec. 11th at 5:00 PM PST ..— Emeka Egbuka (@emeka_egbuka) December 8, 2020
- Not all is lost! Husky Softball plans to start its season in February. The Dawgs have been one of the top programs in the country in recent years and have the roster to make another run to the World Series this year.
- The men’s basketball team has a chance to bounce back from its poor start against Seattle U tonight. The game is slated for 8 PM on Pac-12 Network.
If the Huskies cannot play this weekend, they would finish 3-1 and win the North— Jon Wilner (@wilnerhotline) December 9, 2020