- The big story of the day yesterday was of course that it was the beginning of the early signing period for the class of 2021. If you missed our coverage you can find the hub right here that links to all of our player profiles.
- Some notes on Jimmy Lake’s press conference about the class can be found here.
- Since we didn’t have a dots yesterday, Mike Vorel wrote up his superlatives of the 2021 class on Tuesday night but worth a read if you haven’t gotten to it yet.
- Hope isn’t exactly running rampant but local 5-star DL JT Tuimoloau put out his final 5 yesterday and Washington made the cut. Most recruiting insiders consider Ohio State and Alabama to be the favorites.
- Washington announced yesterday that it has 25 active positive COVID-19 throughout all athletics programs if you want an idea of the scale of the outbreak that shut down UW’s final 2 football games. Last week that total was 11.
- Husky quarterback Jacob Sirmon announced yesterday that he has entered the transfer portal for the second time. This move is not particularly surprising since he was passed by Dylan Morris with Sam Huard coming in. Best of luck to Jacob in the future wherever he ends up.
It’s been an honor wearing Purple and Gold Excited to see what the Lord has in store for me. Jeremiah 29:11 pic.twitter.com/eb4FwsOqh9— Jacob Sirmon (@JacobSirmon) December 16, 2020
- The Athletic simulated the original 2020 football schedules using this year’s results but assuming an alternate reality where there was no pandemic (which of course would’ve changed the available players on every team but still interesting). The Huskies in this version finished 8-4 and 2nd place in the Pac-12 North.
- Washington extended a new offer in the class of 2023 to jitterbug receiver Zachariah Branch who is the younger brother of high 4-star 2022 safety target Zion Branch
After a great talk with Coach @junioradams13 @jcurse and @CoachDonovanUW I am blessed and thankful to say that I have received an offer from The University of Washington!! @UW_Football @UWAthletics @BishopGormanFB @bangulo @adamgorney @BrandonHuffman @GregBiggins pic.twitter.com/IWzJZLe4d6— Zachariah Branch (@zachariahb03) December 16, 2020
FINAL LAKE SHOW UP ON THE POD— Tony Castricone (@Castricone) December 17, 2020
- Washington’s dreadful free throw and 3-pt shooting last night resulted in an extremely disappointing loss at home to Montana. It’s the first win for the Grizzlies over the Huskies since 1994.
- The link to the audio from the post-game show including an interview with Mike Hopkins can be found here.
- Riley Sorn had his best game as a Husky last night with 10 points on 4/4 shooting and he had a profile written on him that came out before the game.