- Obviously the news of the morning is the waiting game after the Huskies paused all football activities due to an increase in positive COVID-19 tests.
- The Huskies announced there were 11 positive tests in the athletics department but that was before Wednesday’s round of PCR testing results came back. We should hear an update this morning about that testing and it will likely determine if a game happens (start bracing yourselves now folks).
UW reports 11 positive COVID-19 cases in its athletics department, up from five last week. I'm told those are not all tied to the football program, however. pic.twitter.com/mWdM0y7O3l— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) December 10, 2020
- Jimmy Lake still appeared on the Coaches Show last night and was fairly forthcoming saying that so far UW’s positive tests haven’t shown obvious teammate to teammate transmission which is why the Stanford game went forward and that nearly all players/staff who have contracted the virus have been asymptomatic.
- It appears the Huskies made the final 4 for Florida State transfer Jaiden Lars-Woodbey who was a top-50 national player coming out of high school but was less productive this season after suffering a knee injury and being moved from safety to linebacker.
- And if you like pain and/or are a naturally optimistic person then you can listen to 5-star Husky target Emeka Egbuka discuss his final 3 before he commits tomorrow afternoon.
- A new PWO offer went out
Honored and Blessed to receive a PWO from the University of Washington‼️Thank you @CoachCato1 for this incredible opportunity!! @UW_Football @CoachLakeUDUB @CoachRonaldBCP @dwise408 @JalalBeauchman @BrandonHuffman GO DAWGS! pic.twitter.com/40X1tfJAcE— Griffin Waiss (@GriffinWaiss) December 9, 2020
- If there isn’t a game this weekend it will have been well-timed for The Athletic’s Husky reporter Christian Caple who is now a father. Congrats Christian!
- Washington got their first win over the season last night against Seattle U by a 73-41 blowout margin. You can check out my game recap here.
- If you want to watch the post-game press conference you can do so: