- Washington has waited a very very long time to play a football game and it’s entirely possible they have to wait another week after the news from Cal’s program that 1 player has tested positive and many others are going through contact tracing.
Wilcox says it's "fair" to say that Saturday's game is in jeopardy. The number of players that could test positive is "significant."#GoBears— Write For California LIVE (@WriteForCalLive) November 5, 2020
- They aren’t the only program to announce issues with positive COVID tests as the UW baseball team paused workouts and there are 9 active positive tests among Husky athletes at the moment per an update from the school.
COVID-19 testing update from UW athletics. Nine active cases. Sounds like at least some are within the baseball program, which has paused offseason workouts. pic.twitter.com/yssogIFtoo— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) November 5, 2020
- Meanwhile, local public health agencies denied the request for family members of players to be allowed to attend home games at Husky Stadium this year.
- Christian Caple recaps OC John Donovan’s media appearance and goes back to people involved with his offenses at Vanderbilt.
- Jimmy Lake had his edition of the Coaches Show last night and you can read up on the notes here or listen for yourself.
- More clarity on the unfortunate injury for Myles Gaskin who had taken full control of the starting running back job in Miami just as the team was surging.
#Dolphins RB Myles Gaskin is headed to injured reserve with a knee injury and is out the next three games, coach Brian Flores said. No surgery is necessary for Gaskin for his somewhat minor injury. That explains the trade for DeAndre Washington, though.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) November 5, 2020
- Meanwhile, Dante Pettis who was waived by the 49ers on Tuesday was claimed by the New York Giants who are one of the worst teams in the league and therefore had the 2nd highest priority to pick him up. WR is one of their deeper positions however with Sterling Shepard, Golden Tate, and Darius Slayton.
Dante Pettis will look like a bust b/c of the trade up and it didn’t work out but from an evaluation standpoint he showed everything they thought he’d be. Just got in the dog house. There’s no way you watch Pettis film and say “Nope he can’t play” pic.twitter.com/PWfyPF8jip— Crocky (@eric_crocker) November 4, 2020