Happy Thanksgiving everyone! It’s unfortunate that we don’t get to have the Apple Cup tomorrow and the start of the UW Men’s Basketball season last night but we’re grateful we at least have a game to play. And how can we help guarantee we continue to have games? By not having a big traditional Thanksgiving celebration outside your household.
Rather than a lack of beds, right now a bigger concern for our healthcare system is a lack of nurses. If the spread of COVID in the community is as high as it is right now then a large chunk of the available healthcare workforce will be stuck at home quarantining from community transmission through their spouses or children. For their sake, stay at home for one holiday season. Or if it’s more convincing do it for the Huskies to limit the chances they or their opponents get sick and are unable to provide us with some much needed entertainment in these trying times. Regardless, stay safe. Now on to the dots!
- In case you missed it, last night the conference announced the UW-Utah game on Saturday has been moved to 4:30p PT and will now air on ABC. The primetime slot became available because Oklahoma-West Virginia was cancelled after an outbreak within the Oklahoma program.
The UW-Utah game has been moved to 4:30 pm PT and will now air on ABC.— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) November 26, 2020
- Jimmy Lake met with the media for the 1st time since Saturday’s game against Arizona and spoke about the way they handled preparing this week and previewed Utah.
- He also had his typical Wednesday night Coaches Show appearance with Tony Castricone and you can listen to the whole thing here:
New Lake Show here! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!— Tony Castricone (@Castricone) November 26, 2020
- Husky Stadium turns 100 years old tomorrow and the Seattle Times has accumulated several great stories of fans’ favorite memories.
- Aren’t Puka and Samson Nacua adorable in this pic? Yes, yes they are.
These two are scheduled to play football against each other on Saturday. pic.twitter.com/vJoJr44LlS— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) November 25, 2020
- We could all use a laugh these days so enjoy 2 minutes of crazy
- And if you’ll allow me to self promote for a second, a reminder you can check out my UW Football Stats dashboard here.
UW Football stats dashboard is updated through the Arizona game for those interested. Snap counts + advanced rushing, receiving, pass rush, and coverage stats all inside.https://t.co/Nix0kGrKpI— Max Vrooman (@UWDP_maxvroom) November 24, 2020
- The Husky women’s team opened their season with a last second victory over San Diego State in Las Vegas and next face BYU.
- There were rumors Tuesday night that the Huskies would open their season this weekend against Baylor in a hastily scheduled game but Wednesday came without any word on the matter so we’ll see if there’s still a chance that the men also get to play this weekend. Otherwise, they’ll start at Utah one week from today.