I understand about indecision
And I don’t care if I get behind
People living in competition
All I want is to have my Dots
- If you’re reading these dots, the odds are overwhelming that you already know that Utah will travel to Seattle to play Washington on Saturday, stepping in for Washington State due to a viral outbreak. The Seattle Times summarizes how the Huskies and the Pac-12 got the deal done.
- Speaking of Wazzu, John Wilner pitches an idea to get the Apple Cup back on the schedule for later in the season. I’m all for schedule flexibility if it gets the rivalry game on the slate.
- BYU entered damage control mode with head coach Kalani Sitake telling reporters, “we’re not afraid of Washington.” That’s fine, and there were legitimate reasons for BYU to balk at elements of the Washington match-up, but when you waffle after marketing yourself with the slogan of “any team, any time, any place,” people are going to point out the hypocrisy.
- Meanwhile, the CFP recognized BYU’s strength of schedule by ranking them... 14th.
- Christian Caple covers the schedule, the Apple Cup, and much more in this week’s mail bag on The Athletic.
- It’s not just football schedules that have been in flux. The Husky men’s basketball team has had to scramble to put together a schedule. They now have their conference dates set as we near the start of the season.
Baylor is likely to play Washington this weekend in Las Vegas at T-Mobile, source told @Stadium.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) November 25, 2020
- While uncertainty remains for the men, the women’s basketball team tips off in Las Vegas tonight against San Diego State. Although it has been a rough couple of seasons for the team, recent success on the recruiting trail promises happier times on the horizon.
The wait is finally over. It's ‼️— Washington Women’s Basketball (@UW_WBB) November 25, 2020
San Diego State
7:00 PM PT
T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, NV#AlwaysCompete x #GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/MeHYbF49C2
I FUCKING LOVE THIS SO MUCH https://t.co/WkNl33yQr4— BYU=Cowards (@jon_caparino94) November 25, 2020