Dropping some Dots, he points to the sky
Saying, “The sun’s not yellow. It’s chicken.”
- Alex Cook’s spot atop the safety depth chart was one of the biggest surprises coming out of fall practices. Mike Vorel profiles Cook for the Seattle Times and gives some insight into how he leapt over some higher-profile recruits.
- Despite persistent concerns about the US Postal Service, Christian Caple managed to put together a mailbag post today. It opens with a deep dive into John Donovan’s failures at Penn State and what that could mean for UW.
- Slightly off topic, but I think it will appeal to many of the readers here- Bruce Feldman looked at DK Metcalf’s college career and upbringing to determine what makes him so different.
- UW may not be alone in missing out on their game with Cal. The contact-tracing rules in Berkeley could jeopardize this weekend’s game with Arizona State. Given the recent infection rates, we’re probably not close to finished hearing these stories.
- Assuming the Dawgs get to play Oregon State on Saturday, Dawgman looks at the recent history between the teams. Fortunately for UW, Jacquizz Rodgers didn’t get to continue playing for the Beavs forever.
- Germie Bernard, a highly-ranked recruit for next year, committed early and has not wavered. Husky Maven reports that he will be back in Seattle this weekend.
If you ask a football coach about UW’s Alex Cook, you’ll quickly get used to hearing the word ‘and.’— Lauren Kirschman (@laurenkirschman) November 11, 2020
Talented and hard-working. Big and fast. Explosive and physical. Offense and defense and special teams.https://t.co/Uf7y3lLuPN pic.twitter.com/RyFCW6WG1Q
We salute those who have served. Thank you. #VeteransDay pic.twitter.com/31oiN1rQSM— Washington Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) November 11, 2020
Let's try this again...The Huskies SHOULD be making their debut this weekend, but what will UW look like when they take the field?@mikevorel joins @dannyoneil & @GallantSays now to preview the upcoming UW vs Oregon State game.https://t.co/maHBzOfeTnhttps://t.co/k9icB7ILcQ pic.twitter.com/LCkEeKqzYp— 710 ESPN Seattle (@710ESPNSeattle) November 11, 2020
No host likes shooting promos, especially for a phone version of their hit game show, but Trebek did them with good humor. So long, Alex, and fuck 'em. pic.twitter.com/7Z1hh1vl2w— Found Footage Fest (@foundfootage) November 9, 2020