- The news came out just in time for dots yesterday but ICYMI the Huskies were voted 3rd in the Pac-12 North in the media poll.
- Jimmy Lake had a few media outings yesterday. First, he appeared on a national Zoom call as part of an abbreviated Pac-12 media day. Among the topics of discussion Lake endorsed 9a kickoffs for this upcoming season as a way to get exposure for the conference.
- He also made some national waves by once again declaring his support for a 6-team playoff system that has an auto-bid for the champion of each power conference.
Jimmy Lake said he wants a six-team Playoff with the five Power 5 champs getting in. His plan: The No. 1 and No. 2 get a bye. "It's very simple. Let the teams play and we'll see who the best team is at the end of the year."— Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) October 7, 2020
Jimmy Lake with a strong setup pic.twitter.com/SAMLRsQe8r— Lars Hanson (@LarsHanson) October 7, 2020
- The other was the weekly Jimmy Lake Show with Tony Castricone. You can listen to the full show at the link below or check out the cliffnotes version courtesy of Dawgman.
- If you’re looking for media reports from fall camp, there will be some but not many many
The media will be allowed to view the first 20 minutes of UW's practices on the next three Fridays -- Oct. 9, Oct. 16, Oct. 23. No full practice access, due to the pandemic. Which basically means, don't expect detailed practice reports like in previous seasons.— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) October 7, 2020
- Christian Caple provides a betting guide to the over/under win totals for each of the teams in the Pac-12.
- The Huskies are 13th nationally in the advanced metric F+ which is tied with Oregon for best in the Pac-12.
Overrated: Cal— Andrew Percival (@PDawg206) October 8, 2020
Underrated: Washington, Utah
From 2018-2019, when there was a difference of opinion as to who the better team was, the #MetricsConsensus went
49-27 (.645) vs AP Poll @ralphDrussoAP
14-6 (.700) vs @wilnerhotline
Will be fun to watch these storylines unfold. https://t.co/WwASRbYcX7
- 2022 UW recruit Chase Bogan is included in this list of 5 prospects out West seeing their stock rise as is the younger brother of Husky star Trent McDuffie.
- Dawgman lists their 10 best players in the state of Washington for the class of 2022. The Huskies have offered 8 of them already and have a commitment from Bogan as mentioned above.
- Vita Vea is starting to see some national love for his stellar play this year. Bill Barnwell gave him his “most underrated player” award at the quarter mark of the NFL season.
Only two interior defenders with 50+ pass-rushing snaps and a PFF pass-rush win rate of 20% or higher in 2020:— Ben Linsey (@PFF_Linsey) October 7, 2020
Aaron Donald: 25.0%
Vita Vea: 20.4%
The fact that Vea is doing that as a NT is absurd. He's very quickly becoming one of the better interior defenders in the NFL.
- Yes it is. 30-Day countdown starts today, people! One month from Husky football!
- This may have slid under the radar but per Jeff Goodman the Huskies will be hosting a multi-team event over Thanksgiving that will include Portland State and Cal State Fullerton with the 4th team TBD after Merrimack dropped out. Since the 25th is the first day that games are allowed this will likely be the first 3 games of the season for UW.
More multi-team events still scheduled (for now):— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) October 6, 2020
Denver, NAU, Texas State
Portland, VMI, Idaho, Cal Poly
Washington, Portland State, Cal State Fullerton, TBD
Dropped out: Merrimack