- The Pac-12 Media Poll came out this morning, and it was not kind to the Huskies. As expected, Oregon got the most votes in the Pac-12 North, but Cal also vaulted ahead of the Huskies and received three first-place votes to the Dawgs’ zero. Also true to expectations, USC and Arizona State led the south. Washington will get a chance to prove the voters wrong in a week one matchup in Berkeley.
Get your preseason PAC-12 media poll! UW ranked third in the North and sixth in the conference. pic.twitter.com/Fr2Byi8wSh— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) October 7, 2020
- Speaking of conference prognostication, Christian Caple has his Pac-12 gambling guide posted at The Athletic. Caple likes the Dawgs over 4.5 wins, but also likes Cal over 4.5, so maybe it’ll be a tight race after all.
- It seems like everyone wants to rank their most intriguing games now that the schedule has been finalized. Mike Vorel took a crack at it at the Seattle Times.
- It’s not directly UW-related, but in case you haven’t been paying attention, the Seattle Storm won their fourth WNBA title on Tuesday with an emphatic thumping of the Las Vegas Aces. Congratulations to Breanna Stewart, Sue Bird, and the rest of the squad!
- On the recruiting front, Scott Eklund analyzes the top in-state prospects from the 2022 class.
- The bowl season is going to look quite different this year without the six-win requirement or the long delay before most of the games. CBS Sports is still trying to project the bowl field and has UW in the Holiday Bowl in this early iteration.
- If your content consumption preferences skew more auditory, make sure you check out the latest All We Hear is Purple podcast with Max Vrooman and me. We talk Pac-12 schedule, early departures, recruiting, and as always, it comes back to pickleball.
— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) October 6, 2020
A broad series of events converged to bring about the building of the University of Washington's new stadium, which opened to the public in the final game of the 1920 season on Nov. 27. #GoHuskies x #HuskyStadium100