Good morning and/or afternoon, depending on when you’re reading this, and welcome to this week’s edition of the official podcast of The Cody Pickett Fan Club.
After trying half-successfully to not crap our pants over a scrimmage score being nine (9) to six (6) — a score which would make the Cheez-It Bowl itself proud — we got to talking. About what, you ask? Well, about books n’ such, of course.
Just kidding, of course — I can’t read!
We did however talk about the following very important topics:
- The slight-to-moderate terror of seeing a final scrimmage score of “9 to 6,” how much we should take that as gospel, and how close that was to being a very “nice” score
- How different scenarios change our view of which quarterback would probably be the right call to start between Thomson, Sirmon, and Morris
- The trio of Cam Davis, Richard Newton, and Sean McGrew and what we’re excited about from each of them
- Inside linebacker groupings and Danny Hammer
- Secondary shenanigans, focusing on Kyler Gordon
- Wisconsin. Like, as a concept. (It should be noted we recorded this after their redshirt freshman star quarterback Graham Mertz tested positive for COVID but before they announced their game this weekend would be cancelled.)
- How my worst personality trait is finding Quebecois accents — easily the greasiest, gnarliest, just most reprehensible accents in the world — kinda attractive... actually, that might’ve not made the final cut...
Have a listen:
Also, if you listen to the end, you’ll also hear me recommend a friend of mine’s debut stand-up album — the recording of which was my plug all the way back in November — which you can listen to here. Trust me, you should.
Do good things, don’t do bad things, and bow down to Washington.