If you haven’t been keeping up with our 30-day countdown then you can check out the story stream here to get all of our preseason coverage in one convenient place. Now onto the Dots!
- Mike Vorel at the Seattle Times profiled Husky WR Terrell Bynum who maybe hasn’t been getting the attention he deserves this offseason as the team’s leading returning receiver.
- Christian Caple at The Athletic wrote about Jake Haener who recently won the starting job at Fresno State but still has plenty of ties to the Huskies.
- Dawgman has notes from the Jimmy Lake show last night with Tony Castricone including that the team is viewing their Saturday scrimmages like preseason NFL games and the next one will be at 7p to get ready for night games.
- If you’re Jonesin’ for some Pleasant surprises then check out this clip with multiple TDs each from Ty and Kamari. Players you see on the field in the 2nd Jones TD: Thomson, Bainivalu, Kirkland, Wattenberg, Curne, Bynum, Jones, Otton and Bronson, Taimani, Heimuli, McDuffie, Molden, Turner.
- West Coast FB put together their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd all-decade teams for the Pac-12 and Washington had 50% more players than any other school.
1st Offense (Kaleb McGary), 1st Defense (Vita Vea, Taylor Rapp, Budda Baker), 1st Special Teams (Dante Pettis).
2nd Offense (Myles Gaskin, Austin Seferian-Jenkins), 2nd Defense (Greg Gaines, Ben Burr-Kirven, Sidney Jones, Byron Murphy).
3rd Offense (Jake Browning, John Ross, Trey Adams, Nick Harris), 3rd Defense (Hau’oli Kikaha, Shaq Thompson, Desmond Trufant).
- Washington 2021 OLB target Logan Fano cut his list down to 4 yesterday and the Huskies are still in the hunt. Fano is expected to take an LDS mission and so he is probably more accurately considered a part of the class of 2023.
I want to thank all the schools who have recruited me and given me a chance to live out my childhood dream. I will be focusing on these 4 schools moving forward and committing after my senior season! #GoCougs ⚪️ #BoomerSooner ⭕️ #GoUtes ⚫️ #GoDawgs ☔️ pic.twitter.com/vgvmUHwnVa— Logan Fano (@LoganFano) October 21, 2020
- The Indy Star looks into the routine of Jacob Eason as he continues to prepare for a potential opportunity as the current 3rd string QB with the Colts.
- It’s certainly not bad news:
UW Athletics COVID-19 testing update:— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) October 21, 2020
"We have 547 student-athletes who have gone through testing and currently have one active positive case. That individual is going through our COVID-19 care and quarantine protocols."
UW defensive backs coach Will Harris says Julius Irvin "is going to be special this year. We're going to use him all over the field."— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) October 21, 2020
World Series Dots
This was Blake Snell’s reaction when I mentioned on a Zoom call prior to Game 1 of the World Series that @CoachLakeUDUB had given him a shout out before his playoff start against Toronto. pic.twitter.com/I8HBUjwdI8— Larry Stone (@StoneLarry) October 20, 2020