Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am- stuck in the Dots with you.
- Mike Vorel posts his practice notes and updates for the Seattle Times. He focuses on Trent McDuffie and Jacob Bandes. Bandes, in particular, is a name that has cropped up a few times during this version of fall camp. With Levi Onwurzurike on to the pros, the emergence of a young defensive lineman is paramount.
- Jon Wilner updates us with some of the fine print on the Pac-12’s revised season, including cancelation guidance and tiebreakers. One way for the Dawgs to avoid tiebreakers would be the inevitable 7-0 record.
- Old friend Jake Haener transferred to Fresno State for a chance to top the QB depth chart. The team announced yesterday that he won that competition and will start the team’s season opener. Haener still has lots of friends at UW, and I’m sure we join them all in wishing him the best.
- If you haven’t already done so, take a few minutes to fill out The Athletic’s 2020 Husky Football Fan Survey. The results are always fascinating. I had a tough time naming one player as the most important for this season.
- Coaches have taken turns with media availability this fall. Yesterday, Junior Adams had an extended chat with local reporters. Dawgman has a summary of his comments.
- Also from the mouth of Adams, Lauren Kirschman of the Tacoma News Tribune highlights the praise heaped on UW’s freshman wide receiver class.
- In what might be a cautionary tale as the Pac-12 prepares to start, ESPN’s college football writers break down the COVID safety protocols they have seen so far this year.
Pay close attention to pictures of Coach Lake. I have a theory that he only wears pants during games.