- Thanks to the Washington Football Twitter account, I now present you with a brief summary and visual representation of the Purple vs. Gold game from Saturday:
First quarter is in the books— Washington Football (@UW_Football) October 17, 2020
3⃣ GOLD pic.twitter.com/YVmJeY7tj4
halftime— Washington Football (@UW_Football) October 17, 2020
6⃣ GOLD pic.twitter.com/mjR7YbmgxX
One quarter to go— Washington Football (@UW_Football) October 17, 2020
1⃣2⃣ GOLD pic.twitter.com/qb7sTWdVET
Purple got the W!— Washington Football (@UW_Football) October 17, 2020
1⃣2⃣ GOLD pic.twitter.com/4327slJn6j
- The media wasn’t allowed to see the scrimmage, but here’s Husky Maven’s take.
- If you’re looking for a nice summary from the last week of practice, Dawgman’s most recent podcast provides the notes that you seek.
- The Athletic’$ Christian Caple also has his notes and takeaways from the first week of fall camp. For the record, practices have been mostly closed to the media with the exception of three brief 20-minute windows.
- No chance you remember my old post on how size matters (in football)? Well, Jimmy Lake provided some new quotes to further support that claim in Mike Vorel’s article from Friday.
- And while we’re referencing the Seattle Times, Matt Calkins wrote about how the Pac-12 doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the College Football Playoff. It’s a take he shares with many, including Podcast of Champions co-host David Woods. Note that it’s worth listening to that whole episode as they discuss the PNW schools, but their discussion about the Pac-12 in the CFP begins around the ~4:00 mark.
- Next, we continue the series I like to call “Go Myles, go”:
Career day for Myles Gaskin who totals 126 yards on 22 touches for the Dolphins.— WestCoastCFB (@WestCoastCFB) October 18, 2020
Gaskin is now on pace for 1,392 yards this season.
- And as always, make sure to check out Aaron’s most recent Recruiting Roundup for the latest buzz from the recruiting world.