Virgil Caine is my name and I drove on the Dotsville train...
- John Donovan has more of a say than the rest of us in who starts at QB for UW in week one, but he has about as many answers at this point. Larry Stone makes a case for each of the four primary candidates and points out that decision-making will be paramount, though not a simple skill to hone in a new offense.
- Mike Vorel scribbled a companion piece that outlines the evolving running back room. He points out that the relative success of the running game, led by Richard Newton and Sean McGrew, will have a big impact on whoever wins the QB battle.
- You’ve probably seen the story by now, but Florida has shut down its football program temporarily due to a severe COVID-19 outbreak. For all the (justified) calls to fire Larry Scott and overhaul the Pac-12 leadership structure, it seems like they might’ve been right to take their time on this one.
- If you’re wondering why the Seattle Times focused so much on the offense today, it’s because John Donovan finally talked at length to the media. Dawgman has notes on Donovan’s availability.
- At the Tacoma News Tribune, Lauren Kirschman has her own take on Donovan’s comments after practice.
you know what it is‼️‼️ pic.twitter.com/sjy4vUafe4— Washington Football (@UW_Football) October 14, 2020