- Christian Caple gives us 6 reasons Washington both will and won’t win the Pac-12 this year in order to keep both the optimists and pessimists among us happy.
- Mike Vorel writes about Elijah Molden’s return to the Huskies in which he is hoping to meet the incredibly high standards he has set for himself.
- The 2nd edition this year of the Jimmy Lake show aired last night and you can listen to it right here:
ICYMI: episode #2 of the @CoachLakeUDUB Show is available on demand on the #GoHuskies Podcast!— Tony Castricone (@Castricone) October 1, 2020
- If you don’t have the time to listen and are a Dawgman subscriber, they have a a recap of the interview.
- Cade Otton is comfortable with his role in the new Washington offense under a new tight ends coach.
- The Pac-12 announced a COVID-19 testing contract with another company (Fulgent Genetics) to provide additional PCR testing support.
- In news that appears a bad omen as the Husky football team returned to practice, an outbreak of COVID-19 throughout Greek Row in the last several days has seen 88 positive cases so far across 8 fraternity and sorority houses.
- Unfortunately, Myles Gaskin doesn’t get to physically return to Seattle when taking on the Seahawks on Sunday since the game is in Miami but he’s doing all right for himself
Wow. Brian Flores on Myles Gaskin, in call with Seattle media: “Myles is really everything we’re looking for in a Dolphin.”— Joe Schad (@schadjoe) September 30, 2020
- He promises he gave it his best shot, guys
Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott today suggested the CFP expand to eight teams this year, but the other commissioners did not approve it at today's meeting. Story coming on https://t.co/AdBtluybSv shortly.— Heather Dinich (@CFBHeather) September 30, 2020
- Not a surprise but Washington wasn’t one of the 5 Pac-12 programs to appear in Andy Katz’s first 2021 NCAA tournament bracket prediction.
BRACKET PREDICTION— NCAA March Madness (@marchmadness) September 29, 2020
With less than 2 months until opening night, @TheAndyKatz gives us his FIRST prediction for the 2021 field of 68!
- Our own Gabey Lucas shared her thoughts with the SB Nation LSU blog (along with other Pac-12 sites) on how to handle a loss to Mike Leach. Although in Gabey’s case it was a theoretical exercise because Husky fans actually have no idea what it feels like since the Coach K/Jimmy Lake tandem arrived.