- This weekend was the last big recruiting weekend before the late signing period. Yesterday, Aaron wrote a summary of who attended and where Washington stands with each recruit.
- Dawgman’s Scott Eklund covered the fresh commitment of local 2020 DL Josiah Nikolao, who accepted a preferred walk-on offer from the Husky coaching staff. That should help just a little bit to ease the worries of Husky fans who were concerned that there were no defensive linemen in the 2020 recruiting class.
- However, the Dawg’s still have hope they can reel in 3 star DL Tanoa Togiai who also took his official visit this weekend.
- NFL.com’s Chase Goodbread selected his three standout players from the Senior Bowl. All three were from the Pac-12, however none were Huskies...
- And Washington’s own Budda Baker has been selected to play in his second Pro Bowl:
2⃣x Pro Bowler— Washington Football (@UW_Football) January 26, 2020
2⃣x First Team All-Pac-12
Pac-12 Champion@buddabaker32 #PurpleReign x #ProBowl pic.twitter.com/CFEOCOmVnv
- With a recent series of loses for both the men’s and women’s teams, there hasn’t been a lot of positive press surrounding Husky hoops over the past several days.
- First, make sure to read Andrew’s summary of the men’s 76-62 loss to Colorado on Saturday.
- Next, Percy Allen from the Seattle Times wrote two stories addressing Mike Hopkins benching of Jaden McDaniels and how the Huskies are tied for last place in the Pac-12.
- Finally, the women’s team lost to both of the LA schools over the weekend. They took both No. 10 UCLA and USC to overtime, but couldn’t escape with a win.