- LSU defeated Clemson by a score of 42-25 last night in case anyone missed it and Joe Burrow continued his record shattering season with 6 total TDs. Ed Orgeron wins a national title after USC decided he wasn’t good enough to maintain which makes things extra sweet.
- With the season over that means it’s officially “way too early top-25” season. The Huskies appear on the lists for: USA Today and Stadium
- But don’t make it for: CBS Sports, ESPN, and 247 Sports
- Mike Vorel of the Seattle Times has more on the hires made by Jimmy Lake last week and whether the lack of big name flash could still work out.
- Dawgman continues their position review series with the Tight Ends.
- Greg Biggins has some recruiting nuggets from the Polynesian Bowl including an update on the recruitment of UW TE target Jack Yary.
- CBS Sports Mock Draft has Jacob Eason going 13th to the Colts which is higher than any prediction for him in months.
- It appears that Washington State has hired Hawai’i head coach Nick Rolovich and his run and shoot offense to replace Mike Leach. Rolovich defeated both Arizona and Oregon State this season while at Hawai’i but fell by a score of 52-20 in Seattle to the Huskies. That’s still more points than Washington State scored against the Dawgs this year.
BREAKING Hawaii’s Nick Rolovich is expected to become the new head coach at #WAZZU, per sources.— Bruce Feldman (@BruceFeldmanCFB) January 14, 2020
- Jon Wilner argues that the loss of Mike Leach is more harmful for the conference than the loss of Chris Petersen.
- The Athletic’s Bubble Watch obviously had to downgrade Washington’s status after getting swept in the Bay Area last week.
- The Huskies are in the “First Four Out” in Joe Lunardi’s latest bracketology.
- Percy Allen will be running a UW basketball mailbag if you want to submit questions. Or just post them in the comments for me and I’ll get them answered more quickly. Up to you.
Washington Athletics Dots
Congrats to Jaret!
#DawgsDaily: @UW_MSoccer's Jaret Townsend was selected in the third round as the 58th overall pick by @SportingKC in the #MLSSuperDraft.#GoHuskies— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) January 14, 2020