If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and — although he’s no longer with the DawgPound staff — Ryan Priest still has the best damn lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, and Washington coaches, To the Dots!
- Lauren Kirschman from The News Tribune has the story on senior WR Andre Baccellia, who found the endzone for the first time since his freshman season.
- Kirschman also features running back Richard Newton and the impact his first game as a Husky made on those who know him well.
- Christian Caple from The Athletic ($) also talks Newton. The redshirt frosh certainly knows how to make a first impression.
- Mike Vorel from The Seattle Times talked to future Husky QB Ethan Garbers, whose brother Chase will be under center for Cal this weekend. Ethan will be at the game on Saturday, and he won’t be rooting for the Bears.
- Jon Wilner has his Pac-12 power rankings, with the Washington schools lagging just behind Utah.
The Dawgman crew has you covered for the Cal Game:
- Listen to the Chris Petersen show with Tony Castricone, where the coach talks tough catches, snap accuracy, and Jaxson Kirkland.
- John Ross returns to Seattle this weekend when the Cincinnati Bengals face the Seahawks. Ross says he has enjoyed having Drew Sample as a teammate again.
Women’s soccer improves to 2-1-2: