If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and — although he’s no longer with the DawgPound staff — Ryan Priest still has the best damn lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, and Washington coaches, To the Dots!
- Washington remained #12 in the Coaches poll after their Week 1 win
- You can find the replay of Coach Pete’s Monday press conference here:
- Your official players of the week from the team: Offense- Jacob Eason, Defense- Benning Potoa’e, Lineman- Jaxson Kirkland, Special Teams- Kyler Gordon
- The Seattle Times has their recap of Pete’s presser including thoughts on his comments about Nick Harris’ health and Salvon Ahmed’s performance.
Chris Petersen was asked if there's a practical purpose RE: Jackson Sirmon's old school neck collar. "Absolutely. Yeah. You think he does that for looks?"— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) September 2, 2019
As you might have assumed, Petersen says freshman OLB Laiatu Latu likely won't redshirt: "I think he's a guy we’re planning on playing more than the four (games), but we'll see how things go here in the next three." Said he's made a lot of plays in practice (plus the safety).— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) September 2, 2019
- For a look at how the Huskies are viewed, here’s a first preview from Cal’s 247 site of the Dawgs going into Saturday’s game.
Things can change at any moment, but as of a few minutes ago, here is an up-to-date list of the 30 Huskies currently on NFL rosters (source: official team website rosters): #ProDawgs x #PurpleReign pic.twitter.com/qpdvSEvEn0— Jeff Bechthold (@JeffBechthold) September 3, 2019
- The Athletic examines how several draft prospects coming off injury performed in Week 1 including UW OT Trey Adams plus some notes on Jacob Eason.
Jacob Eason headlines the Pac-12 offensive Team of the Week in Week 1! pic.twitter.com/Fbz1X8tdpj— PFF College (@PFF_College) September 3, 2019
Here is the defensive Team of the Week in the Pac-12 for Week 1! pic.twitter.com/pv745OunbH— PFF College (@PFF_College) September 3, 2019
- The Huskies men’s soccer team had a dominating 4-0 victory over San Francisco.