If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and — although he’s no longer with the DawgPound staff — Ryan Priest still has the best damn lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, and Washington coaches, To the Dots!
- Lauren Kirschman of The News Tribune features junior defensive lineman Levi Onwuzurike, who is a great player, a stellar student and a team leader.
- Kirschman also talks to Trent McDuffie’s high school coaches, who praise the young Husky cornerback. His former head coach says he is a “sponge.”
- The Athletic ($) looks at the NFL prospects who will be showcasing their talents in this week’s UW/USC game. Trey Adams is working his way back into first-round consideration.
- This week on the Chris Petersen Show with Tony Castricone, the coach talks about how well the offensive line is playing, and how much he hates fumbles. Castricone also welcomes LB coach Bob Gregory and senior linebacker Brandon Wellington to the show.
- The Daily gets you ready for Saturday’s game with their 3-2-1, Football primer.
- Also at The Daily, they look at the improved pass rush the Huskies are showing so far.
- Mike Vorel from The Seattle Times opens his mailbag, and coyly entertains the idea that Jacob Eason fails way too often.
Your eyes are not lying to you:
A big reason for Jacob Eason's success has been the stellar play of his offensive line so far this season. pic.twitter.com/KFUhQHiiBh— PFF College (@PFF_College) September 27, 2019
Fink threw for over 350 yards against Utah:
Matt Fink will start vs. Washington, Clay Helton announced. Kedon Slovis has been ruled out. So has Talanoa Hufanga and Olaijah Griffin. That’s three starters out for #USC.— Antonio Morales (@AntonioCMorales) September 27, 2019
Marinovich is a liar. I know he saw plenty of gold as well: