If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Mike Vorel at the Seattle Times gives his impressions on Day 4 of Husky practice.
- The Dawgman guys have their thoughts on Day 4 as well in audio form.
- Freshman QB Dylan Morris has been impressive so far through fall camp despite almost certainly facing a redshirt year.
- Seattle Seahawk and former UW Tight End Will Dissly appears to be back following a season ending injury in his rookie year.
Dissly two TDS from Wilson in red zone drill.— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) August 5, 2019
- If Chico is back and fully healthy it will be a huge shot in the arm for the Husky offense
Check out our grind ⬇️— Washington Football (@UW_Football) August 5, 2019
Gallery: https://t.co/aTKwYdRBih#PurpleReign pic.twitter.com/a0ylKuiddw
"[The team] came back in good shape and for as many new guys as we have, I think guys are executing at a pretty high level." - @CoachPeteUW— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) August 6, 2019
What we overheard at Day 4 of @UW_Football fall camp ➡️ https://t.co/StegjJKuSw #GoHuskies x #PurpleReign pic.twitter.com/X53etY2rFU
- ESPN’s preseason top-25 list has the Huskies at #14 and 3rd in the conference.
- Joel Whitford may need to reject his home country of Australia given their national team’s colors as the Husky Olympics get started.
It’s that time of the year again! I love the Husky Olympics. COMPETE! pic.twitter.com/OAcOajy8qx— Coach Petersen (@CoachPeteUW) August 6, 2019
- Happy birthday to freshman OT Nate Kalepo who is somehow just turning 18 years old at 6’6, 346 lbs!
- Myles Bryant and Cam Williams have been the two primary safeties for the 1st-team defense so far but Alex Cook and Brandon McKinney make a strong case here:
@Alexcook_2 and @brandonmckinn20 are on another level. #PurpleReign pic.twitter.com/fK5IzFj2sq— Washington Football (@UW_Football) August 5, 2019
- Jon Rothstein reached the Pac-12 in his summer preview and had an interview with Mike Hopkins in advance of the team’s trip to Italy next week. You can visit his twitter to see his projected 1st-team, player of the year, final standings, breakout players picks, and more.
Mike Hopkins on the #CollegeHoopsToday Podcast: Jaden McDaniels' upside, Washington's defensive potential for 19-20, and the biggest things he still uses day-to-day from Jim Boeheim. https://t.co/r3Px1uD8Yj— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) August 5, 2019
- Elijah Hardy will be important for Washington with the status of Quade Green for the start of the season still up in the air.
University of Washington PG Elijah Hardy getting busy at the @thecrawsover league! Team Arsenal Hall of Famer is ready for a big season this year! @simplyy_bball @NWBallers1 #TeamArsenal pic.twitter.com/KWs6NjgbfO— TEAM ARSENAL (@ArsenalAAU) August 5, 2019
- A PSA that if you want to watch the Huskies play in Italy it appears the only way is through FloHoops which charges $29.99 for a one month subscription (it may look like $12.50 until you click through as that’s their monthly rate for an annual subscription).
- The #1 target for UW in the 2021 class, O’Dea’s Paolo Banchero, is looking into the idea of reclassifying to 2020 which may explain some of the slow movement on that front.
First year guarantee comes in at around $1.4M, which is a win. That’s solid $$ for a second rounder. Team can claim a win with 3 years of team options. Comparable to Reid’s deal. Nowell expected to officially put pen to paper today. #Twolves https://t.co/jtV4zew8bS— Darren Wolfson (@DWolfsonKSTP) August 6, 2019
- The UW Women’s Soccer team is doing an online Q&A this afternoon as they get ready for the start of their season and will unveil their new Adidas uniforms.
Questions for the Dawgs? We’re doing a Q&A with @UW_WSoccer Tuesday, Aug. 6 starting at 1 p.m.— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) August 5, 2019
Be sure to submit your questions using the hashtag ➡️ #AskTheHuskies