- Fall football camp is the topic on the minds of most UW fans. The predominant story-line thus far has been the QB battle between Jacob Eason and Jake Haener. Sunday was a big day for Eason, while Haener wobbled with some interceptions. For more on their performances, and some uplifting details on how two defensive-linemen earned scholarships, check out Christian Caple’s most recent post from The Athletic ($$).
- For some of us, the move has been three years in the making. This fall, Benning Potoa’e will finally line up as a true defensive lineman rather than the Pac-12’s most humongous linebacker. Scott Hanson from the Seattle Times has the backstory.
- If you prefer pictures over words, here is an outstanding photo album from the first week of fall camp. The white practice jerseys are worth the price of admission.
- Some say recruiting is out of control when high school players name their top 8 or 10 schools. If you share that opinion, avert your eyes from this top 15 list from a 2021 TE recruit.
Top 15 ‼️(no specific order) pic.twitter.com/TKdXVHA2HF— Moliki Matavao (@MatavaoMoliki) August 5, 2019
- Even with football less than a month away, it’s not too early to start getting excited about hoops.
Mike Hopkins tells me he's never been around a player as talented for his size as Washington freshman Jaden McDaniels (6-9). Should be a menace for the Huskies defensively in the 2-3 zone.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) August 5, 2019