If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and — although he’s no longer with the DawgPound staff — Ryan Priest still has the best damn lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, and Washington coaches, To the Dots!
- As you may have heard, after losing the starting quarterback competition to Jacob Eason, Jake Haener has decided to leave the UW and transfer to another program. If you have a subscription to the Athletic, Christian Caple goes more in depth on Haener’s decision in his Saturday article.
- So now the focus turns solely to Eason. Matt Calkin’s summary of Eason’s skill set is an interesting introduction/review to what Husky fans can expect from Eason this season.
- Speaking of quarterbacks, UW commit Ethan Garbers broke records on Friday night after throwing for 8 touchdowns and 480 yards.
- Turning our focus back to the first game of the season, listen to the most recent episode of The Press Box (podcast), with Larry Weir. He previews the Eastern Washington game and brings on the Athletic’s Christian Caple to cover the Huskies.
- And if you’re interested in a season preview, check out Dawgman’s game by game season predictions.
- Two of UW’s upcoming opponents played each other on Saturday night. Hawaii pulled off the upset by beating Arizona 45-38 after a late Arizona comeback that fell one yard short. As you can imagine, the folks in Tuscon are not pleased with the outcome.
- Also, if you can’t get enough Larry Scott, Jon Wilner discuses the Pac-12’s current media strategy.
- In case you missed it, all Husky fans should watch A Day in the Life: Coach Petersen edition.
- Finally, this video should get you appropriately pumped for the season... starting THIS SATURDAY!