If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and — although he’s no longer with the DawgPound staff — Ryan Priest still has the best damn lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, and Washington coaches, To the Dots!
- On Saturday 4 star DB Jacobe Covington from Saguaro HS (Scottsdale), AZ, announced that he was all Dawg. See Aaron’s write-up here, Mike Vorel of the Times write-up here and the Dawgman write up here.
- Then on Sunday, 3 star DB Makell Esteen from Lawndale HS, CA, also joined in the party and committed to the Huskies. Again, see Aaron’s summary here, Mike Vorel’s here and Scott Eklund’s Commitment Impact article here.
- Speaking of Scott Eklund, read his summary of both commitments and other recruiting updates on Dawgman.com.
- Also on the recruiting front, local 5 star OLB Sav’ell Smalls released a new top 6 that included Washington. It’s notable because in a previous list he had seemingly removed the Huskies from contention, but now they’re firmly back in it.
- Chris Petersen announced on Saturday that Sr defensive lineman John Clark and true freshman inside linebacker Josh Calvert will both miss the 2019 season due to knee injuries. Read about that and other interesting takeaways by Mike Vorel from coach Pete’s press conference this weekend.
- After two wins in Rome and another in Florence, the Husky men’s basketball team is now 3-0 on their trip through Italy.
- If you want a review of what the Huskies are doing in Italy, check out Max’s preview which will provide details on how to watch their final game tomorrow.
- If you want more detailed coverage of each of the three games, check out Percy Allen’s coverage of each game here, here and here.
- Additional coverage of the three games is provided by Dawgman.com here, here and here.
: Washington dominates to take Game 2 of the Foreign Tour.— Washington Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) August 18, 2019
Before we check out highlights from today's Game 3 win in Pistoia, take a look at our final win in Rome.#TougherTogether pic.twitter.com/mSs84fYl6U
That’s it for today! Go Dawgs!