- Mid-July is supposed to be a quiet time for college football, but Husky recruiting kept the momentum rolling right through the supposed summer serenity. Coach Petersen’s headline was the Sunday commitment of running back Sam Adams II. Adams, from the vaunted Eastside Catholic class of 2020, is a four-star recruit and the 16th best running back in the entire country, according to the 247Sports composite.
Thank you to all of the coaches who saw potential in me at the next level. Thank you for the help and and for recruiting me through this process.— Sam Adams II (@SamAdamsII) July 14, 2019
I'm 100% committed and happy with my decision. Thank you.
s/o @MontWorkMedia for the video pic.twitter.com/xurtGOr2Z8
- Elsewhere, a pair of linebackers from very different circumstances generated some buzz. Will Latu, a 2021 recruit with a very high ceiling, listed UW in his top 5.
- Meanwhile, last year’s prized LB target, Henry To’oto’o raised questions about whether he will stay at Tennessee or head back west with his online activity.
- If you’re like me, you will consume all available content related to the Huskies sharp new uniforms.
- On the hardwood, former Husky Nigel Williams-Goss signed an NBA contract with the Utah Jazz after two years playing abroad.
- In baseball news, rising junior centerfielder Braiden Ward made the All-Star Team in the Cape Cod League.
That’s all for now. Have a great week and go Dawgs.