If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- The big news yesterday was that an elite 4-star wide receiver, Jalen McMillan, verbally committed to Washington. Here’s the Times’ article covering the story, and check out our recruiting guru Aaron’s coverage here.
- For additional coverage of McMillan’s commitment, check out 247Sports’ Greg Biggins’ analysis.
- And listen to Softy’s take on the commitment, as well as other Washington and college football topics from yesterday’s Softy and Dick show.
- Duck Territory’s Erik Skopil recently wrote a “Know your foe” article previewing the Huskies from an Oregon perspective.
- The Podcast of Champions posted a new episode on Monday. Among other topics, they discuss the California bill that could eliminate their schools from competing in championships, and also if Oregon playing Auburn is a good idea.
- ESPN’s Chris Low previews the upcoming college football season and includes multiple Pac-12 and Pac-12 North teams in his preview.
- And speaking of season previews, check out the Denver Post’s season preview focusing on quarterbacks in the Pac-12.
- It looks like Jaylen Nowell is settling in with his new Minnesota Timberwolves teammates:
- And in case you missed it, if you didn’t already love Matisse Thybulle (why wouldn’t you!?), I’m sure this clip will forever sway you into his camp:
"I wish she was here to see it."— ESPN (@espn) June 21, 2019
Matisse Thybulle talking about how his late mother inspired him is powerful. pic.twitter.com/DPF6SB44AL
That’s it for today! As always, go Dawgs!