Jon Wilner points out that the Pac-12 was skunked among last week’s NBA Draft lottery, and writes that the conference’s nightmare in the sport of men’s basketball just continues:
The trajectory cannot continue indefinitely, but will change come swiftly or slowly?
Answers could come this summer, when the NCAA is expected to distribute the first wave of allegations against programs involved in the FBI scandal.
Arizona and USC will have two of the most-talented rosters in the conference next season.
They’re also prime targets for NCAA sanctions.
There’s a chance, it seems, that things could get worse before they get better.
- Here’s a handful of UW stars to help you get pumped for the upcoming football season.
- Mike Hopkins spoke to Dave Softy Mahler following Matisse Thybulle and Jaylen Nowell becoming NBA Draft picks.
- Yesterday, 2021 four-star wide receiver Troy Franklin announced that Chris Petersen offered him a scholarship.
After a great conversation with the coaching staff at the University of Washington I am blessed to announce that I have recieved my 17th division 1 offers from the university of Washington ! pic.twitter.com/Yn8SiaX6A3— Troy Franklin (@TroooyyyyyyTroy) June 23, 2019
- Fellow 2021 four-star recruit Julien Simon, who is classified as an athlete, pulled a scholarship offer of his own.
- Plenty of updates from UW football’s visitors to the Rising Stars camp this weekend:
Had a great time at the UW camp! Came away with TE MVP with my guy @AustinTerry_12 Big thanks to all the coaches for putting on a great camp for us . Exited for next year @CoachPeteUW @CoachPaopao @UW_Football @BrandonHuffman pic.twitter.com/mf6jwOzOmF— Andrew Savaiinaea (@ASavaiinaea1) June 23, 2019
What a weekend at the University Of Washington! Want to say thank you to @CoachK_UW @junioradams13 @CoachPaopao @CoachPeteUW @Collins_UW for a great unofficial visit, as well as camp ☔️ @SixZeroAcademy @palmerridgefb @SAMIEPARKER @TeamFullGorilla @_UWRecruiting @ScottEklund pic.twitter.com/iRqGMZQjhj— Kaden Dudley (@KadenDudley09) June 23, 2019
ZAYA GRIFFIN, c/o 2022, Gonzaga Prep High School gets Awarded @ the University of Washington's, Rising Stars Camp 2019. The, "Defensive Backs, MVP Award"!!@TFordFSP @IsaiahJGriffin @CoachSamFSP @RyanClaryFSP pic.twitter.com/n0b4PRPKvo— Coach GRIFF (@CoachGRIFF7) June 23, 2019
Blessed to be recognized as one of the top ‘21 ILB at the University of Washington camp! I learned a lot from this camp, thanks UW for a great experience #woof #GoDawgs @CoachGregoryUW @CoachPeteUW @CoachPaopao @bangulo pic.twitter.com/UuI6JsVuVT— Glory to God! (@ZephaniahMaea) June 23, 2019
Great day at UW Football Rising Stars camp! I received one of the LB MVP awards. Thank you to @CoachPeteUW @CoachLakeUDUB @CoachGregoryUW @MalloeMalloe for giving me the opportunity to compete & perform! #GODAWGS #PurpleReign ☔️☔️☔️ pic.twitter.com/FlfqpiCDuG— Quintin Yon-Wagner (@YonQuintin) June 23, 2019
- Send your best wishes toward former UW assistant Gary Pinkel, who announced last night that he is resuming cancer treatment.
- Happy birthday to the voice of the Huskies!
- Former Dawg Sami Whitcomb returned to Hec Ed for the first time in nearly a decade for the Seattle Storm’s game there Sunday. (The Storm took down the Indiana Fever 65-61, with Whitcomb contributing three assists.)