If you’re reading this, we’re assuming you love the Huskies and the community we’ve built here at UW Dawg Pound. Here’s your chance to become a bigger part of this community and cover the Huskies with us.
UW Dawg Pound is looking for its next site manager. Keep reading to find out if this is the perfect role for you.
What does the role entail?
The manager would be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover Huskies sports and news on the site.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress.
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
What qualifications should you have?
Our best manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Huskies and news and is already familiar with UW Dawg Pound.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
How do you apply?
To apply, please submit a resume detailing any writing and/or management experience, a cover letter explaining why you’re the best person for the role, and a sports-related writing sample. All items should be submitted via our Vox Media Careers page. You must submit all three items to be considered for this role.
If you have questions about the application process, this role, or UW Dawg Pound and SB Nation in general, please contact SB Nation’s Senior Talent Manager for Team Brands, Jeanna Thomas, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UW Dawg Pound and SB Nation are committed to bringing you coverage of the Huskies from a diverse array of voices and perspectives. If your experience and qualifications do not perfectly align with every single thing we’re looking for, but you believe you have the potential to thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply.