Enjoy your Thursday roundup of Husky athletics news and links!
- Before we get into the football and basketball stuff, Husky Softball is playing in the College World Series, TODAY!
- So, where are you watching?
- Mike Vorel answers your mailbag questions, including who he thinks will play as a freshman.
- Trent McDuffie isn’t talked about too much as part of the 2019 class, but he’s an elite talent who can’t wait start learning under Jimmy Lake.
- Another 2019 recruiting class gem is excited about his future life in Seattle:
- Aaron Donald has been impressed by Greg Gaines so far in mini-camp. Big #99 appears to be in line for plenty of playing time this year.
- Has this been posted on Dots already this week? I don’t know, and I’m too lazy to check...but are people sleeping on Jacob Eason and the Huskies play off chances?
- John Ross has had an up and down Bengals career so far, after being a first round pick in 2017. With a new coach in Cincinnati, he’s hoping to live up to promise he showed in college as he enters his 3rd year as a pro.
- Rival pairs in the Pac-12 are trending in opposite directions, says Sports Pac 12.
- The Poly Bowl made its first official selection for the 2021 iteration of the game - Eastside Catholic’s JT Tuimoloau, who is currently rated as the #1 overall player in the 2021 class. He’s about as elite as it gets for a DL prospect.
- Great stuff from the US Embassy:
Jojo McIntosh is one of the only football players in the NFL (National Football League) with Cambodian heritage. He plays for the Washington Redskins. His mother immigrated to the United States in 1982 when she was just 5 years old. #Cambodia— US Embassy Cambodia (@USEmbPhnomPenh) May 28, 2019
Check out https://t.co/OXjr3sSxcq pic.twitter.com/DAoj7gaTij
- Cal too high. Landon, you work for Athlon now???
Best Defensive Back Units in College Football (@AthlonSports):— CFB Home (@CFBHome) May 23, 2019
5 Ohio St
10 Penn St
- Matt Calkins breaks down Jaylen Nowell’s NBA decision.