If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- In an unfortunate turn of events, DT Danny Shelton is back on an NFL roster but it came at the expense of another former Husky who will hopefully be on another team soon.
One Husky released to make room for another in New England. https://t.co/TbT3oZEkTZ— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) May 20, 2019
- Meanwhile a different former Husky DT will have the keys handed to him this year with the release of his star teammate at the same position.
- Jon Wilner has the breakdown of the Pac-12 financial data which was released yesterday.
So we now know for 2018 the #B1G schools each got $54 million and the #Pac12 schools each got $31.3 million. That means #Rutgers, #Maryland and #Iowa received $22.7 million more than #USC, #UCLA and #Washington. And that number will only grow over next 4/5 years. https://t.co/zIkB4iAZZP— Ryan Abraham (@insidetroy) May 20, 2019
- Dawgman continues their “Opposing View” series with freshman DT Sama Pa’ama as scouted by players/coaches who competed against him in high school
- They also have an interview with Ferndale OL Geirean Hatchett who is one of the Husky’s top recruiting priorities and who is planning on making a decision before his senior season.
- Strength coach Tim Socha has had a lot of success attributed to him for his efforts in developing the physical tools of the UW football teams and he’s been rewarded
Some more UW football contract news: strength and conditioning coach Tim Socha also received a two-year extension and a raise in annual salary from $340,000 to $375,000.— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) May 20, 2019
Only 6 players have scored 20+ Rushing Touchdowns and 5+ Receiving Touchdowns in Pac-12 Era (ranked by combined totals)— SportsPac12 (@SportsPac12) May 20, 2019
62—Myles Gaskin, Washington
41—De’Anthony Thomas, Oregon
39—Marion Grice, ASU
37—Kenjon Barner, Oregon
33—Demario Richard, ASU
31—Christian McCaffrey, Stanford
- The Huskies had their waiver approved to take an international trip after 3 years rather than 4 and will be headed to Italy in August to play 4 Serie A teams in Rome and Florence. It will be the first chance to see 5-star Isaiah Stewart in a Husky uniform (provided the games are streamed which they might not be).
- The Pac-12 made a series of rule changes yesterday which included the elimination of the penalty year for players who transfer between Pac-12 schools (they have the same rules as normal transfers now) and mandatory non-conference scheduling floors for basketball teams to ensure one team can’t tank the conferences NET ranking.
- If you’re into schadenfreude and/or are scarred from his 7 block performance against UW in Eugene his freshman year...
Kenny Wooten apparently not planning to return to Oregon. Ducks left with six scholarship players for next season. https://t.co/MnbMy8YVh2— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) May 20, 2019
- Looking for info about the UW Softball team’s upcoming schedule and match-ups? Here’s your one stop shopping.