If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Now that Virginia has won and the nets have been cut, ESPN has the Huskies 16th in their way too early top-25 partially under the assumption that Washington lands uncommitted 5-star target Jaden McDaniels.
- However they don’t have much organizational synergy because Joe Lunardi doesn’t have the Huskies among the three Pac-12 teams in his projected tourney field for next year.
- Jon Wilner includes Washington as one of the two Pac-12 schools in his way too early top-25 one spot behind the team the Huskies blew out in the 1st round of the NCAA tournament.
- The Dawgs also crack Seth Davis’ way too early top-25 at The Athletic with the caveat that adding McDaniels could move them up another 5-10 spots even with Nowell leaving.
- Andy Katz has the Huskies 32nd in his Power 36 for next year but has Oregon a ridiculous 3rd.
- Finally, Sports Illustrated puts Washington at 17th in their top-25.
Pac-12 in @CaesarsPalace Odds to Win 2020 NCAA Basketball Championship— SportsPac12 (@SportsPac12) April 9, 2019
- Arizona, 25/1
- Oregon, 30/1
- ASU, 100/1
- UCLA, 100/1
- USC, 100/1
- Washington, 100/1
- Colorado, 300/1
- Utah, 500/1
- OSU, 1000/1
- Stanford, 1000/1
Cal, WSU, no line.
Can’t Lie, Bein In This Video For Just That Split Second Gave Me Chills. Dreamed Of Being Apart Of This— David Crisp (@David_Crisp31) April 9, 2019
- If you feel like you’re underpaid at your current job, just tell UCLA that you’re an average to good men’s basketball coach and it will give you the leverage to get a substantial raise.
- Christian Caple at The Athletic has his Spring Practice Day 4 report.
- So does Mike Vorel at the Seattle Times.
- The Dawgman guys have a podcast with their thoughts from Day 4 in which they think the defense definitively won.
- Matt Calkins at the Times asks if Coach Pete has the tools to turn around the worst offense of his tenure?
- Trey Adams is trying to block out the noise and return to the form that saw him as a potential early 1st round NFL Draft pick.
- I may be stealing Gabey’s thunder for an article coming out later today but this is an amazingly in-depth look at how not doing your NFL Draft research properly could give people the wrong opinion about a prospect such as UW’s Kaleb McGary. Great read.
- Jake Haener had a nice touchdown throw to Austin Osborne in the 11v11 scrimmage period.
- Dawgman’s Scott Eklund has a Recruiting Blog ($) update with more info on additional TE targets now that Mark Redman is in the boat plus who will be the next Woof?
Hey, I know that guy!