If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- If you have a subscription to The Athletic (or sign up for one) you can read Christian Caple’s article about Jacob Eason and his MVP award last season (on the scout team).
- There’s a real hype train surrounding Eason heading into this season, but in this article by The Seattle Times’ Mike Vorel, Chris Petersen says “I can be the the scout team QB. It’s just looking pretty throwing the ball.”
- Nice article on Eason from Seattle Weekly, where he says he learned a lot watching Jake Browning operate.
Top in state RB target:
Top 15 on Sunday!!— Sam Adams II (@SamAdamsII) April 5, 2019
Future unheralded NFL star, current UW graduate:
Really proud of my dude @Will_Diss. Congrats on coming back and FINISHING your @UW degree. Huge accomplishment fam, true definition of student-athlete! #BuiltForLife #OriginalTEU— Jordan Paopao (@CoachPaopao) April 4, 2019
Give this man a job. He really was playing as well as any Husky in 2016:
6”2 268 can play anywhere . In 2016 at university of Washington I was leading the country in QB PRESSURES with 38 pressures in 6 games before suffering a season ending injury. Led the country In sacks also before getting injured had 5.5 sacks. Mid season all American also. ✍ pic.twitter.com/QExFwIHh8T— jojo mathis (@joe_sahil_IV) April 4, 2019
- Over $1.5 million raised for Husky Giving Day, $696K of which came from Athletics. See the details here.
A gift on #HuskyGivingDay supports the success of every Washington student-athlete and program.— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) April 4, 2019
More: https://t.co/b9YDFgHHLP #GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/nZpjvhDevK
Husky 5-star recruit filling out the stat sheet (and hits 11-11 free throws):
La Lumiere (IN) F Isaiah Stewart (@Dreamville_33): 25 PTS, 7 REB, 4 BLK in a win over Bishop Gorman #GEICONationals @WhosNextHS @LaLuBasketball @TheCityRocks @UW_MBB https://t.co/CLiy2WIPws— Prep Circuit (@PrepCircuit) April 4, 2019
Antonio's dream of meeting @isaiahthomas came true thanks to @WishColorado. #MileHighBasketball pic.twitter.com/YO3ORvp8jb— Denver Nuggets (@nuggets) April 4, 2019
Fresh off losing all three games to Oregon State last weekend, the Huskies (14-9, 5-4) are in Tucson for three games against the Wildcats. Game one tonight on Pac-12 Networks at 7pm:
It's been awhile since @UW_Baseball had to bounce back from being swept. Now the Dawgs are hitting the road trying to do just that.— The Daily Sports (@UWDailySports) April 4, 2019
Nice story from The Daily on how this former Coug became UW’s sprints coach:
World Junior Champion— Alec Dietz (@AlecDietz) April 4, 2019
3x NCAA Outdoor Champion at WSU
U.S. Outdoor Champion
Now Jeshua Anderson is the sprints coach for @UWTrack. Check out @Daniel_Li7's feature on the former WSU standout & how he ended up coaching in the purple and gold.https://t.co/x3OagvXzBx
Husky women are 15-1 and a perfect 5-0 in Pac-12 play:
The Huskies are on a 10-match win streak heading into a tough weekend against two ranked teams in California and top-five Stanford. Can @UW_WTennis keep it going against the conference's best?— The Daily Sports (@UWDailySports) April 4, 2019
- Matisse Thybulle, David Crisp and Dominic Green will all be in Minneapolis for Final Four Weekend. Thybulle is up for the National Defensive Player of the Year Award, Crisp is in the 3-point contest, and Green is playing in the 3-on-3 tournament. Percy Allen has the story.
Here’s a little Eason vs Kentucky (the good and bad, not just highlights):