If you want to keep up-to-date with news concerning Washington Huskies athletics all in one easy-to-digest format, follow the official UW Dawg Pound Twitter account and subscribe to Ryan Priest’s lists of UW’s beat reporters, Washington athletes, Washington coaches, and Washington athletics prospects. To the Dots!
- Christian Caple of The Athletic has his Day 12 Practice Report featuring Brandon Wellington as the lone stable piece at the ILB position.
- The Seattle Times has their practice recap as well.
- And so does Dawgman.
Notable: early enrollee safety Cam Williams lined up with the starters today, beside Brandon McKinney. Myles Bryant was back at nickel. Corners were Keith Taylor and Elijah Molden.— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) April 22, 2019
- True freshman Cameron Williams took reps with the 1st team defense yesterday but almost never got discovered after viewing himself as a QB for most of high school.
- The Tacoma News Tribune profiles Keith Taylor who looks to be one of the new leaders in a very new look Husky secondary.
Washington defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake was asked today if he pays attention to other Pac-12 teams' spring games.— Mike Vorel (@mikevorel) April 22, 2019
(He does not.) pic.twitter.com/YTtxJVJUR1
- 247 put together a system to determine which schools were the best at developing players into NFL Draft picks from the 2010-2014 classes and the Huskies ranked 11th; a ranking you can expect to rise over the next few seasons.
- The Dawgman guys have a new recruiting podcast with updates of what to expect going into the “Spring Game”.
- Bad news for a former Dawg
Free-agent LB Azeem Victor, a No. 6 pick of Raiders last year who spent time on Bucs and Seahawks practice squads, has been suspended by the NFL for the first 10 games of the 2019 season.— Howard Balzer (@HBalzer721) April 23, 2019
- Adam Jude writes about how Jake Browning has trained for the NFL Draft with seemingly positive results.
Byron Murphy is CB1 in the upcoming Draft. pic.twitter.com/oKq7B8mYP2— PFF Draft (@PFF_College) April 23, 2019
- ESPN came out with their final basketball recruiting rankings for 2019 and Husky commit Isaiah Stewart was one of the risers, climbing to #3 overall.
- Jonathan Givony also has an updated 2020 NBA Mock Draft with Stewart going 10th and still uncommitted Husky prospect Jaden McDaniels going 7th.
- The Athletic also put out a 2020 NBA Mock Draft and is pretty much in agreement with Stewart 10th and McDaniels 6th.
- When might McDaniels commit? Your guess is as good as anyone’s, including his trainer and a leading recruiting expert.
He told me on Friday he will probably just show up on somebody's campus. I think he was only half joking.— Eric Bossi (@ebosshoops) April 22, 2019
#DawgsDaily: @UWSoftball's Taran Alvelo threw her second career no-hitter in a 7-0 win over Utah Valley.— Washington Athletics (@UWAthletics) April 23, 2019
>> https://t.co/GvsLxzaPQC#GoHuskies pic.twitter.com/yrDMSmTOPb